Work During your trip to Canada: International Experience Canada

Posted on

It’s a dream of many…an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity too good to miss! If you have ever wanted to live, travel and work in Canada, here is a perfect opportunity to make your dream come true.


International Experience Canada is a temporary Work Permit program for young people aged 18-35 who are from one of the countries that have a bilateral reciprocal youth mobility arrangement or agreement with Canada. Couldn’t find your country from the list? No worry, you also have a chance to connect with one of the recognized organizations  for other travel and work opportunities in Canada.

There are three categories under IEC program:

  • The Working Holiday Program gives adults between 18 – 35 years the opportunity to travel and work in Canada for one or two years
  • The Young Professionals Program gives adults between 18 – 35 years the opportunity to gain professional work experience
  • The International Co-op Program is for students to gain work experience related to their studies.

What you can do after IEC ?

Extend your stay in Canada as a Temporary Worker: with a valid job offer, and a positive LMO, you would be able to extend your work permit beyond your IEC permit. You’ll have a chance to continue gaining your work experience in Canada, or looking for more opportunities in Canada for your future career contribution.

Live in Canada permanently: Temporary foreign worker in a skilled occupations would be able to apply under Canadian Experience Class for permanent residency after at least 1 year work experience in Canada. For more information about CEC program, please contact us

Over 415,000 international participants have traveled and worked in Canada under IEC. Read some of their stories to learn about their experience

There is a quota every year for each program in each country, you can check here to see if you missed this year. If you did, be prepared to apply next year!

Contact us for more information about International Experience Canadian

Share Button

Strike Action Notice – Be Prepared for Waiting

Posted on

As of June 10, 2013, many CIC foreign services officers outside of Canada are on strike. Approximately 300 workers had walked off the job as part of the union’s rotating job actions.

This action may impact your application whether if you’ve already submitted or not.

According to PAFSO President Tim, this is a rotating strike action. CIC will make sure the offices all over the world are still open during the strike. The case processing is not completely stopped. However, Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

We encourage applicants to prepare for delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

At this time, we do not have information on how long they will be on strike.  Click here to see the most recent bulletin for your reference.

Share Button

Common Concerns facing newly arrived immigrants to Canada and Helpful Tips

Posted on

Common Concerns facing newly arrived immigrants to Canada and Helpful Tips

Once you have arrived to Canada you may have many questions about how to find a new home or how to enroll your children in school. These are common tasks that all new immigrants must face to start their new life in Canada.

Begin your new life in Canada

Starting your new life in Canada can be both exciting and filled with challenges. The first few weeks you will need to know what documents to have with you, what to expect in the first few days and weeks, how to find a new home and other tasks to set up your new life in Canada.

Get to know Canada

After arriving to Canada, you may be surprised how different Canada is from your home country. Over time you will learn more about Canada, the laws here, the weather and other day to day information which may help make your settlement to Canada that much easier learn about and explore here.

Get a Job in Canada

Landing your first job in Canada can be equally challenging and rewarding. You are not alone with this. Many new immigrants will find the tasks of getting their first job in Canada the most difficult part of their settlement. But it can be done!

First, prepare a Canadian style resume. A resume in Canada, may be very different from the CV or resume you had in your home country. In Canada, we do not include birthdate, religion, photo or race in a resume.

Samples use can use to create your own Canadian style resume are included in this free download “Canada Is Hiring” PDF e-book.

Learn more job tips and how you can land a job.

Household expenses

Costs can vary greatly from your home country to Canada. Prepare a budget that will suit your needs. Learn more about information that can prepare you for common household expenses.

Health care

Every Canadian citizen and permanent resident is eligible for health insurance in Canada. The health coverage will include visits to the doctor and hospital care. However, visiting the dentist and other elective medical appointments may not be covered by the health insurance.

Find a new home

Whether you are looking for a place to rent or to buy, a house or apartment, the costs of housing will vary greatly depending on where you live in Canada. In the big cities, housing can be very expensive (Vancouver is one of the most expensive places to live in the world). You can learn more at finding a place to live.

Plan your Budget

The taxes and banking may be very different in Canada than in your home country. Plan your finances and learn more about sales tax in different provinces, income tax, banking, budgeting and much more.

Register your children in school

Every child in Canada is entitled to an education free of charge. Education is paid for through the taxes which are deducted from your pay cheque and sales tax when you make a purchase on a service or good.

You can learn Canada’s official languages

If you can speak either English or French this can help you in your new life in Canada and make it much easier for you to get a job and make new Canadian friends. Training is provided at immigrant service centres and other learning centres free of charge.



Written by Sacha DeVoretz, blog contributor to Bell Alliance Global Immigration Services Inc. and author of Canada is Hiring.

Share Button

Express Entry – Get Your Educational Credential Assessment

Posted on

Under Canada’s New Express Entry System, candidates may be required to obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) of their completed foreign educational credentials. When applying as a Federal Skilled Worker under Express Entry with a foreign educational credential, an original ECA report must be included in your application.

The ECA is used to verify that the applicant’s foreign degree, diploma or certificate is valid and equal to a completed credential from Canada. The ECA requirement is meant to help make sure that chosen immigrants have the best possible chances of success in Canada. Applicants may also be able to use the ECA report for other purposes, such as to help them find a job in Canada.

Express Entry applicants may arrange to get their ECA report from:

A valid ECA report must be issued on or after the date the organization was designated by CIC, and must be issued within five years in respect of the date that CIC gets the application.

For more information about Federal Skilled Worker Program under Express Entry, click here.

Share Button